Can you please tell me if i will ever get full range of motion back after my breast augmentation?

15 doctors weighed in across 6 answers
Dr. Yuly Gorodisky answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Muscles are affected: If your breast implants were placed under the muscle, you will likely always have some difference in the way the pectoral muscles work. Most women don't notice it, but i'd there is some other issue such as a capsule contracture or implants that are too heavy- this may interfere with your range of motion and comfort. You should consider discussing this with your plastic surgeon.

Answered 8/11/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Curtis Wong answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Post BA range: Your range of motion should not be hindered by implants. Please see your surgeon if you do have restrictions on what you can do.

Answered 8/14/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Joseph Mele answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

You should: Breast implants should not hinder your ability to move your arm. It may not feel that way the day after surgery, but after a few weeks to months the range should be completely normal. If you are having trouble, be certain to contact your plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Answered 9/30/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Daniel Careaga answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Yes: If your implants are sub-muscular (under the muscle) you may lose a little strength in your pec muscles but you should have full range of motion.

Answered 4/15/2014

4.9k views

Dr. Kirk Churukian answered

Specializes in Surgery - Plastics

Injury Recovery: Remember, the pectoralis muscle has been traumatized, so think of it as a muscle strain with swelling and inflammation. Gently stretching the muscle on a regular basis will quickly return range of motion. Notable exceptions to this will occur with an unusually large implant or significant scarring following augmentation. However in 98% of cases of strength and flexibility will return to baseline.

Answered 12/13/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Christopher Khorsandi answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

full range: You should experience a temporary period of soreness, and some weakness following surgery however nearly all patients will return to full range of motion and normal strength after several days to several weeks.

Answered 9/12/2013

4.9k views