Australia
A male asked:

I have a lightly colored, brown mole which swells up a bit and turns to red after i scratch it. is this normal, it this a type of skin cancer?

Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
Probably not: It is hard to say since I am not there to see it. If you are absolutely unsure i would go see a dermatologist.
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
Unlikely, but it can: Happen. Many benign lesions look like cancers but are not. The only way to know is to get it biopsied; a simple procedure that can be done in the office. See a dermatologist, find out, and put your mind at ease. Good luck!

Last updated Oct 12, 2015