U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Odenville, AL
A 29-year-old female asked:

Chest pain over a month now?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Uzma Chaudhry
Internal Medicine 19 years experience
Many factors: First of all you need to get an ekg and possibly stress test to rule out heart related issues. Go see a cardiologist first. If that is ruled out, try taking Prevacid (lansoprazole) for 6 weeks. It could be acid reflux. If it isn't acid reflux try getting a ct scan to rule out a tumor.
Dr. Randee Lipman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology 39 years experience
would not suggest any specific medication.
Aug 7, 2013
Dr. Randee Lipman
Internal Medicine - Cardiology 39 years experience
Chest pain: I don't know what your cardiac cath showed. If it showed no blockage the pain is most likely not angina. There are other things that cause chest pain. Even a bad gallbladder can do it. I would suggest returning to your doctor and letting them know you still have pain.

Similar questions

A 41-year-old member asked:

I've been stabbing chest pain for about a month now, what could be causing my chest pain?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
52 years experience
Chest pain: There are many causes of chest pain, the heart is but one, intestinal gas and thoracic musculoskeletal pains are very common, anxiety and panic attacks likewise are frequent causes. You should always ask the doctors who see you what they think is the problem you came for and what to do about it.
A member asked:

I have chest pain for a month, what to do?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 59 years experience
Chest pain: Find out what the cause is, if possible, by scheduling a doctor's appointment
A 44-year-old member asked:

I've been having chest pain for about a month, what can I do to treat this?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
See your doctor: If you have undiagnosed chest pain, knowing that some causes of chest pain are serious, you'd be foolish not have it checked, right?
A 41-year-old female asked:

Severe chest pain now. what can i do?

2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Krulak
Family Medicine 24 years experience
Go to ER: If you have severe chest pain, a visit to the ER is in order. Particularly if you have a history of angina as described in your profile.
A 36-year-old member asked:

Chest pain after the treatment of lymphoma. Why now?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 47 years experience
Chest pain: What treatment chemo or radiation? If it is radiation that you had for the chest you may have some scarring of lung may cause shortness of breath and chest pain. You may have to address this problem with your oncologist if related to therapy, if not you should see a cardiologist to rule out heart problems.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.