Puerto Rico

what are the odds of getting mouth cancer due to oral lichen planus?

Dr. Martin Hirsch
Dentistry 49 years experience
Low: The incidence of lichen planus turning into some type of oral skin cancer is very low according to my opinion. I have never seen a case study where any cases have been reported.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Rarely if ever: I've included one resource that discusses lichen planus as well as the answer to your specific question. I'm sure that if you research it you will find more. It probably is not a direct cause effect relationship but a very rare occurrence. See: http://www.Everydayhealth.Com/oral-head-and-neck-cancer/lichen-planus-and-oral-cancer.Aspx.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Possible: Low frequency but possible. Make sure you are followed carefully by your doctor.