is it okay to get a bite plate after getting the 6 upper front teeth crowned?

Dr. Michael Tufton
Dentistry 8 years experience
Absolutely: Having an appliance to help correct a problem with your overall bite can only help to protect the restorative work done to your anterior teeth. Bite plates are commonly used to correct deep bites. Deep bites can have traumatic affects to restorative work on anterior teeth. It is recommended after extensive anterior work to have some type of protection to wear esp at night, a bite plate is just it!
Dr. Mark Venincasa
Cosmetic Dentistry 35 years experience
Yes!!: This is highly recommended. The bite plate, or mouth guard, will help to protect your investment in those upper front teeth. The bite plate can also protect you back teeth from the harmful effects of grinding if you do that.
Dr. Jeffrey Krantz
Dentistry 9 years experience
YES: A well made bite plate will help those crowns last even longer.