can you suffer from hallucinations and paranoia when taking anti psychotics?

Dr. Raymond Coffin
Clinical Psychology 26 years experience
Yes-- see your MD: Hallucinations and paranoia can continue, but i would guess the medicine may not be working for you or the dosage you are on may not be adjusted properly. It is important for your md to monitor blood levels with lab tests to confirm that you are in the right dosage range. Make an appt and make sure to let the md know what is happening.
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Absolutely yes: This can be due to absorption difficulties, rapid metabolism of the drug by liver enzymes, too low of a dose. Inadequate compliance can also play a role. Drug-drug interactions may interfere. The drug may simply not work and need to be changed or your psychiatrist may need to add in a second medication. Best wishes. This is not at all uncommon.