United Kingdom

i have a kidney transplant and i would like to know what is the ideal amount of protein i should take on a daily basis, with respect to exercise?

Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Kidney transplant: Depends how long ago transplant, how much Prednisone & immuno suppress medication. Within 1st 4 week it is 1.4 gm/kg to avoid negative nitrogen balance. Stable kidney on maintenance immunosuppression therapy female may use 0.75g protein/kg and male 0.84 gm/kg. Your best bet would be to discuss your specific protein intake by dietary or your nephrologist in transplant section.