I am 60 years old. I had prostate cancer radiation two yearsago. My g was 7.25 and psa was 7; now my psa is 5.8.My bones get very sore at some places, on/off. Could it bebone cancer?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
46 years experience in Radiation Oncology
Intermediate risk: Commonly get androgen suppression, anti-hormones...If you are on that, your current psa is quite good, but not if you are still on hormones. It is highly unlikely that you have bone metastasis with psa at that level. My goal is for psa to be <1.0 at 2 year from completion. Tell your doctor, evaluate benefit of bone scan at this time...I doubt it will help.
Answered on Dec 3, 2013
1