U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

My period stained a chair at school, what can i do to keep this under control?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
See answer: At 4y years old, i will assume your periods have been with you quite some timje. Depending on your flow during your cycle, you may neee more pads of more tampons the first day or so if the flow is heavier to prevent leakage, etc. If severe flow issues, discuss with your gyn and get an evaluation. Best wishes.
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
I agree with Dr. Munshower. This can be very embarrassing. Often a heavier sized tampon combined with a heavy size pad can help. Be cognizant of it - so that you are changing it at least every 4 to 6 hours. Another option is a menstrual cup. It can hold more than a pad or a tampon & if not completely full can be changed in 12 hours. Take care.
Aug 28, 2013

Related questions

A 34-year-old member asked:
What do I do to prepare my daughter for her first period in case it happens at school?
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
A 59-year-old male asked:
How can you lessen period cramps in school and at work?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old member asked:
I was wondering what's a good way to get rid of period cramps while at school?
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Last updated Aug 28, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.