Is it normal if my stitches are almost coming all the way out on my left side 5 days after wisdom tooth removal?

Dr. Robert Devin
Dentistry 48 years experience
3rd molar sitiches: After 5 days loosen stiches indicate healing and lessening of swelling associated with the removal. They may be annoying but no problem. Your surgeon will be happy to remove any bothering you. However, if you have a sweet rotten smell in your mouth with heat near the extraction, you may have a dry socket. Pain after 3 days with this smell is always a dry socket. The surgeon can fix this easily.
Dr. Pamela Asseff
Dentistry 29 years experience
Yes: The sutures are normally removed t about 7 days. If the dangling suture is bothering you, call the dentist who removed the wisdom teeth to see if they want to see you sooner.
Last updated Feb 26, 2017