Is it normal if my stitches are almost coming all the way out on my left side 5 days after wisdom tooth removal?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Robert Devin answered

Specializes in Dentistry

After 5 days loosen stiches indicate healing and lessening of swelling associated with the removal. They may be annoying but no problem. Your surgeon will be happy to remove any bothering you. However, if you have a sweet rotten smell in your mouth with heat near the extraction, you may have a dry socket. Pain after 3 days with this smell is always a dry socket. The surgeon can fix this easily.

Answered Apr 24, 2015

5k views

Dr. Pamela Asseff answered

Specializes in Dentistry

The sutures are normally removed t about 7 days. If the dangling suture is bothering you, call the dentist who removed the wisdom teeth to see if they want to see you sooner.

Answered Feb 26, 2017

4.9k views