how many grams of protein can my body digest at once before it starts to turn to fat? i am a very active teen that works out a lot.

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
It depends: If you are active and work out a lot, you will need more calories, protein and fat than a teen who is not active. A balanced diet with variety is key to keeping your body well fueled. Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated during exercise. Avoid supplements and vitamins unless you first check with your doctor.
Dr. Michael Sokol
Specializes in Internal Medicine
EVERYTHING in MODERATION as per both ARISTOTLE AND MAIMONIDES. Also, the more colorful varieties of food you eat, generally the better.
Jan 4, 2015