Orlando, FL

Taking cymbalta, lyrica, (pregabalin) dilaudid and oxycontin for avn and peripheral neuropathy any ideas on drug changes or resistances?thank you in advance.

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 54 years experience
See neurologist.: I recommend that you have to cut back on the Oxycontin and Dilaudid because they are not just addictive but eventually you need to use more to achieve the degree of pain control you have. The Cymbalta and Lyrica (pregabalin) have been used a lot for chronic pain which is also experienced in pn. I would suggest that you consider other pain control besides the opiates for a long term basis through a pain clinic.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Neurology 53 years experience
COMPLEX: Make sure that cause of neuropathy has been diagnosed. Also, that painful aspects have been also assessed, and lastly, that you do or do not have substantial small fibre neuropathy, which narrows diagnostic possibilities. (skin punch biopsy can help) narcotics are not solutions, will be less helpful in future. Cymbalta, Lyrica (pregabalin) symptom relievers only. Have you discussed metanx with your doc?
Last updated Mar 18, 2017