AE

I couldn't donate blood as i was told my level is 11. what vitamins or medicines to use to bring the haemoglobin level up to a normal standard?

Dr. Luis Bendezu
See your doctor: The first thing to do is not to try to self treat but to find out why you're anemic. Continue to eat a healthy diet and see your doctor to determine how anemic you are and if you're deficient or have another issue.
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine 24 years experience
Options: A multivitamin w/iron, or prenatal vitamin w/iron can help. Can also increase your red meat until #s up. Best option is to increase your dark greens (like spinach). Should take 2-4 weeks to improve if no ongoing bleeding. Good luck!

Last updated Sep 12, 2013