saw dentist, had cleaning, explained facial and teeth pain. dr said saw nothing. my mouth often dry, tough rough, sore, gums tender. hurts please help?

5 doctor answers
Dr. Brett Noorda
24 years experience Dentistry
Find bew dentist: Without a visual exam and more details, help of any kind is hard to offer you. Sorry. A word of advice, though: if your dentist is not listening to you nor helping you be healthier and happier, you should fond one that will.
Answered on Jul 30, 2013
2
2 comments
1
Dr. Larry Gottlieb
40 years experience Dentistry
Also what medicines are you taking. many have as a side effect a dry mouth. Dry mouth can be severe and can cause all your symptoms. Again I agree if you are not satisfied seek a second opinion.
Jul 12, 2013
Dr. Randy Nolf
Dr. Randy Nolf commented
41 years experience Periodontics
This is a situation that requires a visual examination. If a dentist has seen nothing to explain your chief complaint then a more thorough investigation and even some treatment to eliminate possibile causes is needed. Perhaps a periodontist ( gum specialist ) would be a good place to seek help.
Jul 12, 2013
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
35 years experience Dentistry
Comprehensive exam : There are several things that can cause pain in your mouth and it would take a comprehensive exam to diagnose your problem. This kind of exam takes time, and is much more involved than just a cleaning..
Answered on Jul 12, 2013
1
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Another reason: I agree you need a comprehensive check up. Seemingly dental issues, may turn out to be something else such as TMJ that presents in a similar fashion.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
1
Dr. Weizhong Su
31 years experience Dentistry
Dry mouth: You may try dry mouth fluid or gel. To confirm whether you are a dry mouth patient, you would better to get detail exam.
Answered on Aug 16, 2013
2
Dr. Arnold Malerman
52 years experience Orthodontics
Need more info: Your problems can be from a range of things, from one of a number of medical syndromes to reaction to medications that you're taking, to periodontal problem. You need a good diagnostician. Perhaps it wold be prudent for another dentist to examine you. If there is a dental school in your area, a visit to the oral medicine department may be in order.
Answered on Aug 14, 2013