i was on laughing gas today and it felt like i died or was dying. is this a normal sensation?

Dr. Brian Dyess
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 38 years experience
Nitrous oxide: Laughing gas is a mild sedative or anti-anxiolytic. The gas is only active while you are breathing it, effects lasting only a minute once off. The effects are usually relaxation. Downsides are occasional nausea, and some women have vivid dreams. The only explanation i've for your experience is the claustrophobic feeling of the mask used to give the gas, another form of sedation may be best for you.
Dr. Ernesto Rodriguez
Anesthesiology 33 years experience
It is normal: Laughing gas or nitrous oxide can cause euphoria and hallucinations so those feelings are normal.