U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old female asked:

Have vitamin b12 deficiency, and was told to start taking daily high dose oral supplements (injections not practical). so many options! what's best?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Grace Akoh-Arrey
Pharmacy 17 years experience
Try sublingual tabs: Try the sublingual tablets, then get your levels tested in 3-6 months. Place the tablet beneath your tongue/allow it to dissolve.Can be taken with /without food.Heavy alcohol intake can decrease the effectiveness of this medication. Talk with you doctor if you are drink alcohol on a regular basis. B12 also available in tablet / nasal forms. B12 found in meat, fish, liver cheeses/milk. Take car.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 26, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.