can you please tell me what is office bleaching of teeth?i want to whiten my teeth.is it 100% effective, and any guarantee? are there any side effects?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Office whitening: First, nothing is 100% effective. Second, there are no guarantees in the health (medical or dental) field. Third, it is common to have some slight & temporary tingling of the gums and sensitivity of the teeth. What you need to do is to discuss all the tooth whitening options with your own dentist after he\she examines your mouth. You can do lots of internet research, but need personal advice @ dds.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013
Dr. Pamela Asseff
27 years experience Dentistry
Bleaching: In office bleaching is a quick start on the bleaching process. Mostly the teeth are dehydrated by the bleaching process at the office. If you do not continue to use bleaching trays at home, the in office bleaching is a waste of your time. I do not offer the in office bleaching anymore. Nothing is 100% effective. Side effects include sensitivity of the teeth and gum irritation.
Answered on Jan 2, 2015