Fort Lauderdale, FL

How good is yoga for reducing fat and losing weight? i have about 3 pounds of stubborn fat clinging to my stomach and can't get rid of it no matter how much diet or exercise including weights/cardio.

Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Yoga and exercise: Yoga is a great form of exercise for stress reduction, strength and increasing flexibility. Instead of weights and cardio you might want to focus on core strengthening exercises. Try pilates, belly dancing, ballet barre or other forms of dance to improve your core strength.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Weight loss secrets: I love that you are at a place where this is a safe and right question. Yoga may be the best answer for one's health in general. But, regular yoga work and stretching will lead to body changes that include better elasticity, more muscles and less fat. Go for it.
Dr. Arthur Ciaramicoli
Clinical Psychology 46 years experience
Weight Reduction: Yoga could help along with an intense exercise and nutrition program but as you know excess stomach weight takes much time and patience to lose. Be realistic, continue your program, add yoga and that will be the best you can do for your health and appearance.
Last updated Nov 29, 2019