United Kingdom (Great Britain)

is my irregular bleeding just because i have lately been forgetful about taking my pill?

Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapolianswered
Could be: It's possible that skipping some birth control pills could cause breakthrough bleeding. If you have trouble remembering to take your pill every day, you might consider discussing with your doctor a form of birth control that would work better for you.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Probably: If you are forgetting to take your birth control pill daily two things may happen. First - you may cause irregular bleeding. Second- you may get pregnant. It is important to be honest with yourself about medication use. Consider an iud or Implanon as birth control because you will not have to be remember something daily.
Dr. Marianne DiNapoli
Dr. Marianne DiNapoli commented
Be sure to address these concerns you have with your doctor. IUDs and Implanon are extremely safe, effective methods of birth control.
Mar 3, 2012