A member asked:

Need doctor advice. where do i go in order to get my dad checked for mental health?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Pamela Pappas answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Psychiatrist: You could take your father to see a psychiatrist, but it would be good to prepare him first. Is something happening that makes you concerned about your father? Is his behavior changing in some way? You may want to start with his family physician, to review his overall health. Many physical illnesses can present as confusion, depression, etc -- especially in seniors. Good luck.

Answered 7/7/2013



Related Questions