Wendell, NC

my surgery waning february and still feeling something that feels like something (catheter) was in my arm. is a blood clot the only explanation?

Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 32 years experience
IV site phlebitis: If the cord in your arm is close by where your iv, (intravenous) catheter was inserted, then you may have superficial phlebitis. Phlebitis is a localized irritation of your vein and common after surgery of any IV site. Ice and Aspirin and time, should resolve the cord. Okay to show your doc. If it turns red or drains go in for evaluation.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016