A doctor diagnosed me with pink eye gave me drops and antibiotic yesterday. it is still swollen shut and very red. is this normal?

Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Yes: It will take 4-10 days for the pink eye to get better. Put a cool compress on the eye to help with the swelling.
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Depends: Conjunctivitis may be viral, bacterial, allergic and traumatic or other. Even if the drops given were appropriate the inflammatory process may not yet had enough time to recede. If you were not seen by an ophthalmologist, go back and see one now. Vision can be lost quickly and can be irretrievable if the diagnosis and treatment were not correct. Hope you clear up and feel better soon. Best.

Last updated Jun 27, 2013