Canada

help heal metacarpal fracture to left middle finger knuckle. xray says small fracture and dr says nothing to do. just wait. 1 month still really hurts?

Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 25 years experience
See a physician: You may want to get another opinion. At your age i would expect the fracture pain to improve significantly after 2 - 3 weeks. Therefore, there may be something else going on, or the fracture may be more severe than thought, or it may not be healing. Sometimes, if range of motion (therapy) is not instituted in a timely fashion, pain can also result from that.