My achilles heel is very sore after resting it for two weeks, how can i fix it and get back to traing?

Dr. Colin Kerr
Achilles tendonitis: Inflamed Achilles tendons take a long time and careful work to heal. The best things you can do to promote healing are: 1) stretching exercises (plant feet 2-3' from wall and lean forward to the wall to stretch heel cords; 2) get an extensor ankle spling (lightweight boot) [eg., see http://www.Nightsplints.Com/night_splints.Php]. These keep your tendons stretched out at night and really help.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 42 years experience
See a doctor: If you have tried home treatment it's time to see a podiatrist for treatment.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 50 years experience
You: Need to be evaluated. You may need an MRI to see if there is a tear in the tendon.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 29 years experience
What quantifies rest? I would walk in a camwalker and perform range of motion excercises off weight bearing.
Sep 12, 2012
Dr. Oscar Novick
Heel pain: See a podiatrist and possibly get orthotics. Barring that try taking an old kitchen sponge and put it in your shoe thereby reducing the pressure you are putting on your heels.

Last updated Jan 21, 2019