Portugal

what are all the possible symptoms of a silent heart attack ? if i had one in the past would it show now in my ecocardiogram? i have it on my profile

Dr. Creighton Wright
General Surgery 56 years experience
None: Asymptomatic= silent but with damage and lab or ekg changes identified later. At sleep, or sedated, or anesthetized, or confused with some GI complaint="heart burn, etc.Echo is showing an area of poor heart muscle function= dysfunction.
Dr. David Savage
Thoracic Surgery 30 years experience
Silent means silent: A silent heart attack is by definition one without symptoms so the question is unanswerable. The end result of multiple heart attacks is heart failure, which would show on the echo as worse pumping function. It is uncommon for someone of your age and listed history to have had a heart attack, but you could have a conduction system alteration from Lyrica (pregabalin) - or other drug? - that can look like an mi.

Last updated Jan 15, 2016