Saint Louis, MO

I have a sinus/ear infection in my left ear. been takin augmentin (amoxicillin and clavulanate) since 6/11. is it possible that the ear infection can spread? both ears are muffled.

Dr. Oscar Novick
Ear infection: Yes your right ear can become involved. The sound is muffled in your becauseof your congestion. Add salt waternose drops to your treatment or an otc antihistamine to control the nasal congestion.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
Otitis media: Hello. It is common for a unilateral OM to spread to the other side. The lining in the nose bridges the sinuses and the ears. If you have been on an antibiotic and the infection is worsening, see your doctor for a reevaluation.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014