is it possible to get rid of hard plaque off teeth without going to dentist?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
No: Hard plaque is called calculus (tartar) and cannot be removed by patients on their own. You need to have it professionally removed by your dentist or dental hygienist. Please understand that much of the calculus may be below your gums where you cannot even see it.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Not DIY: Sorry. You don't have the instruments, training, access, or ability to perform this task. You really need a pro to do this for you. For example, if you have tarter above the gum line you also have tarter below the gum line causing havoc. Tarter is preventable, so have your dentist or his hygienist get your teeth scrupulously clean and then show you how to minimize accretions.