McKinney, TX

Having pain and bloating between my rib cage...had my gallbladder removed last year..not been wanting to eat fell sick and having some dir..after eat?

Dr. David Savage
31 years experience
PCS: Sounds like post cholecystectomy syndrome. It is not a well understood condition, but likely relates to the constant circulation of bile in the gut. Your gallbladder stored bile, so your gut only saw it when it needed it. I would first see your surgeon and make sure you don't have a residual stone in a bile duct. If not, try a bland low fat diet, and if that fails bile binding resins may help.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 23, 2013