A 23-year-old female asked about a female:

my daughter fell about 6 months ago. her tooth in the front turned dark gray. said it wasn't dead it was ok. white bump on gum now red is it serious?

Dr. Oscar Novick
Bump on gum: It seems that her tooth might have died, hence the gray color. The red bump may represent an abscess. See a childs dentist for treatment.
Dr. Edward Fritz
Dentistry 43 years experience
Bumped tooth: You should have this checked out. She may have an abcessed tooth. Sometimes teeth recover from trauma, but sometimes they will later have a nerve die. An x-ray will tell you the status.
Dr. James Merrett
Dentistry 29 years experience
Bump on Gum: I would go see your childs' dentist and get it reevaluated. It could be nothing or it could be the start of an infection. It is better to be safe than sorry. Is there pus coming out of it? Sometimes it takes a few months for the nerve to die after trauma. This could be a sign that the nerve is dead.
Dr. Kenneth Grossman
Necrotic pulp: A tooth turning gray after trauma usually means the pulp has been damaged. Pulpal death followed by an abscess can result. The abscess at the roots end then can penetrate the bone, showing as a bump on the gum. This is called a fistula, or sinus tract stoma. Hopefully there is no root fracture and a root canal can save the tooth. See your dr asap.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Needs treatment: The blow to her tooth caused the nerve & tissues inside her tooth to become necrotic which in turn led to the discoloration. This often takes time to develop & present itself as an infection. It requires immediate treatment & she should be seen by a dentist (general dentist or endodontist) for an evaluation, which will probably require root canal therapy if the tooth is salvageable (or extraction).