OK

dead tooth, broke off just below the gums: front top, near center. chipped 2 weeks back. was gray w/ no pain, no blood, no filling, no injury:hlp pls?

Dr. Colin Kerr
Tooth fracture: Turning "gray with no pain or bleeding" sounds like the trauma killed the tooth (interrupting the vital flow of nutrients through the root. The remaining portion of the tooth still in place needs to be extracted. You will need to see a dentist; there is nothing you can do by yourself. It it is not attended to, you will get recurrent infections and probably a significant amount of pain.
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Have it removed: A dental evaluation with an x-ray will provide information to determine if the tooth can be restored or if it should be removed. Your description of the appearance, location and assuming the remaining tooth structure is not visible suggests it may be best to have it removed. Your dentist can discuss options to have it replaced.
Dr. John Thaler
Prosthodontics 41 years experience
Replace with implant: Remaining root sounds non-restorable. Best treatment is extraction of root, placement of implant and crown. We often are able to provide this treatment in one visit. The final crown would follow in about 16 weeks.