Is it safe to still get my ears pierced if i have a boil/bump in one of my earlobes?

Dr. Holly Maes
NO!: If you have a true boil, which is an active infection caused by bacteria, and you stick a piercing rod through it, you are asking for huge trouble. This includes the infection traveling into your body and/or complete lack of healing of the piercing which will mean you will have to let it heal shut anyway and start over again. Get the "boil" treated first, let it heal, and then and only then pierce.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016