Can it hurt to get a needle in your foot during plantar wart surgery?

Dr. John Callahan
25 years experience
Yes: Yes it hurts but there are other alternatives to excision and curettage that do not require injections. There is cryofreeze, seal cyclic acid treatments and blistering agents none of which require anesthesia.
Dr. Joe Griffin
Wound care 17 years experience
No pain no gain: Yes, it is painful but some doctors will use a cold spray right before the injection to reduce the pain.
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 36 years experience
Wart: Yes . However I use a cold spray to reduce that discomfort. For excision I use a co2 laser which is more controllable than using a blade for excision. Speak to your podiatrist about any concerns