If i pass a needle through flame and touch on my plantar wart, will it hurt much?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Possibly: Everyone tolerates pain differently. I would try other treatments first though before trying that.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.7k views

Maybe: But why not see a podiatrist and get it checked out. How do you know it is a wart? There are different treatment options depending what it is.

Answered 8/15/2012

5.7k views

Dr. Libby Putnam answered

Specializes in Podiatry

Don't do that.: Self-surgery is never a good idea. You can try over the counter wart removers, but be careful: i've seen them do more harm than good. Other options your doctor might offer include cryotherapy (freezing the wart), electrocautery (burning the wart), laser treatment, or several different topical chemical treatments. But i'd suggest letting a doctor do the removing!

Answered 12/10/2013

5k views

Dr. Howard Fox answered

Specializes in Podiatry

It will hurt more: if you hold the needle on the flame for a few hours too. Other than the risk of going to jail for practicing without a license, do you really want to be doing that sort of stuff on yourself? Do you really need us to tell you your best course of treatment is to bring your foot to a doctor?

Answered 6/10/2017

3.2k views