what do i do to get over my fear of the dentist?

2 doctor answers
Dr. John Francis
29 years experience Periodontics
Just go: Don't listen to others, especially the older generation that went through some rough dental treatment. Ask your best friend what dentist to go to, and then go and i bet you will find out it is not bad at all.
Answered on Dec 21, 2014
2
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
25 years experience Dentistry
Break the cycle!: Usually fear keeps some patients away from a dentist until their dental issues become major problems requiring more invasive dental work. If all of your visits to a dentist begin with you in pain, not too much positive reinforcement there for you. My advice is to bite the bullet, explore sedation if necessary, get your oral health in order, than start fresh with regular maintenance visit.
Answered on Mar 29, 2014
1
2
Dr. Hetesh Ranchod -- Dr. Ranch
25 years experience Dentistry
Provided original answer
Once you start visiting the dentist for routine care, you will be amazed at how pleasant modern dentistry has become. You can learn to not only tolerate us... but even look forward to your visits with us!! Please note that if you do not carry baggage from past experiences, any procedure can be very comfortable in the hands of most dentists.
Aug 10, 2013