A 37-year-old member asked:

What to do if i want to know which medicine is best allopathic or homeopathic for 10 mm kindney stone ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 44 years experience
Consult w/urologist: Kidney stones < 2cm might be treated with lithotripsy, by a urologist -- you'd need to consult with one to learn your options. Smaller stones might pass on their own, also. Constitutional homeopathic treatment would be required to deal with this problem; an experienced homeopath would need to take your case & prescribe the remedy most well-matched to you. Berberis vulgaris is one often used.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
A Verified Doctor commented
A US doctor answered Learn more
Composition of stones helps determine treatment (acidify or alkalinize urine; foods to limit/avoid). Prevention: adequate fluid intake to keep urine dilute (clear) to prevent stone formation.
Jun 11, 2013
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 44 years experience
Provided original answer
Excellent addition, Dr. Lewis. Thanks!
Jun 11, 2013
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
U need a urologist: 10 mm stone will not dissolve with any allopathic, homeopathic or conventional medication or product. U need a urologist who will arrange for an eswl (extra-corporal shock wave) treatment. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$44 video appointments with $19/month membership*
*Billed $57 every 3 months. Cancel anytime.


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.