for quick nausea relief is it better to take a promethazine suppository than the pill?

Dr. Neeoo Chin
Fertility Medicine 40 years experience
Yes: The suppository may be better adsorbed than the oral form, since the pill can again be thrown up immediately after ingestion. Pressing on the inner wrist acupuncture point master of the heart 6 can also provide almost instant relief from nausea related to morning sickness.
Depends on variables: If you think you can contain your nausea for at least an hour, the pill form is a likely better choise.Rectal absorbtion is erratic and may take hours to be in your sysytem, while the oral form would already be working. If you can't contain the nausea, the rectal form is better.Zofran (ondansetron) is a product I use for nausea that comes in a rapidly disolving oral tablet, check it out.
Dr. Tracey Leaver-Williams
there are also compounding pharmacies which may make a topical rub for you as another alternative
Aug 14, 2013