I had laparoscopy one month ago, i still have slight bruise on my abdomen and feeling a bit tight some times and pain in abdoment. is it normal? thank

Dr. Richard Cattey
General Surgery 44 years experience
Yes: Some people take 4-6 weeks to recover after any operation, including laparoscopy. Depending on the procedure, you can experience an ileus, where the bowel does not function normally for a while, constipation from the pain medicine, or bloating as part of normal healing. If it persists past 6 weeks, i would see your surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Neria Hebbar
Specializes in General Surgery
Give it more time: You should give it more time for healing. Sometimes it takes 6 or 8 weeks for all the pain and swelling to dissipate. Have patience.
Last updated Jun 13, 2013