United Arab Emirates

If 6mm uterus polyp is cancerous for my 56 yrs old mom and uterus is normal and ovaries as well then is removal of uterus the cure & ends cancer 100%?

Dr. Devin Namaky
No: Unfortunately, therapy for endometrial cancer is never 100% guaranteed. The risk depends on the exact pathology but luckily many of these patients (stage 1a) will not require further treatment or have a recurrence.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Barbara Toppin
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Depends: It is not possible to tell from your description. Consult with the md. If there is a cancer, a stage is given by the doctor. The lower the stage, in general, the greater the possibility of a cure. Stay positive and discuss with your mom and her md.
Dr. Chevies Newman
The chance of malignancy in a uterine polyp is approximately I in 200. Dr Toppin is correct but do not think of this like a polyp in the colon, one step at a time.
May 12, 2013
Last updated May 18, 2014