Chicago, IL

went for a run and the front bone in my leg started to hurt, felt bruised...it was my fourth day running. what does that pain/discomfort mean?

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Shin splints: Shin splints are a common disorder in runners. It is also known as tibial stress syndrome. There can be several causes including stress fractures. See an orthopedist. Treatment consists of rest, ice, exercises, supports and anti-inflammatory meds.
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
Sounds like...: Shin splints. Tight muscles/tendons in back of leg often contribute to this. Supportive shoes and inserts as well as stretching exercises are often helpful. Do not do too much, too fast. Gradually build up your mileage over time.
Dr. Victor Bonuel
It could just muscle: Or bone pain . If it persists or worsens, have an x-ray taken to check for stress fracture.