My wife and i both have sleep apnea - we are on fixed income - what is the cheapest way to get a pair of those c-pap devices?"

5 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

? Health Insurance: If you have health insurance, they are covered. If you do not then a very good intervention is diet, exercise and weight loss. You need a prescription from a certified sleep specialist because of the need for proper fitting and monitoring.

Answered 9/3/2015

6.1k views

Talk to DME: If you have insurance it might be easier to get them. If not, talk to the durable medical equipment (dme) companies in your area. They might be able to get you a deal, maybe a used machine. You will need a new mask. Your doctor's office might have some suggestions.

Answered 10/3/2016

6.1k views

Dr. Jeffrey Bassman answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Don't skimp: I hate to say you get what you paid for, but..... I would check into insurance or a interest free finance plan like care credit. I would be careful, though, that you don't get such a cheap device that it leads to spending more money and doesn't function well. Depending on the severity of the sleep apnea, you could consider an oral mouthpiece.

Answered 12/9/2013

5.5k views

Health insurance: Your health insurance should cover a CPAP machine or an oral appliance. Check your insurance coverage.

Answered 10/4/2016

4.5k views