PA

My wife and i both have sleep apnea - we are on fixed income - what is the cheapest way to get a pair of those c-pap devices?"

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
? Health Insurance: If you have health insurance, they are covered. If you do not then a very good intervention is diet, exercise and weight loss. You need a prescription from a certified sleep specialist because of the need for proper fitting and monitoring.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 27 years experience
Talk to DME: If you have insurance it might be easier to get them. If not, talk to the durable medical equipment (dme) companies in your area. They might be able to get you a deal, maybe a used machine. You will need a new mask. Your doctor's office might have some suggestions.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 47 years experience
Don't skimp: I hate to say you get what you paid for, but..... I would check into insurance or a interest free finance plan like care credit. I would be careful, though, that you don't get such a cheap device that it leads to spending more money and doesn't function well. Depending on the severity of the sleep apnea, you could consider an oral mouthpiece.
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry 38 years experience
Health insurance: Your health insurance should cover a CPAP machine or an oral appliance. Check your insurance coverage.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016