i have a fractured sesamoid, is cortizone (hydrocortisone) shot only treatment?

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 34 years experience
Fractured sesamoid: Cortisone injection is not a treatment for a fractured sesamoid. Protected weight bearing until healed is the treatment.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Support : Padding, strapping, or taping;immobilization in cast, nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen, physical therapy or orthotic device can be utilized. You should consult orthopedic surgeon. Surgery is sometimes suggested if do not respond to more conservative treatments.