U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old female asked:

I have a arachnoid cyst and chiari 1 malformation with constant ringing in my ear and sometimes dizziness and nausea? are these severe symptoms?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Internal Medicine 51 years experience
Concerning symptoms.: Hi amorebella, perhaps you know my daughter arielle who went to university of buffalo med school, and is now a neurology resident at nyu. I'll ask her if she wants to get on the panel, but time.... Anyway, i've had a patient similar to what you have who had the arachnoid cyst removed neurosurgically, and is doing fine. Suggest a neurology/neurosurgical second opinion, presuming u had first one.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Mitchell Zeitler
Anesthesiology 40 years experience
Neuro consult: Either or both, a neurologist or nuerosurgeon should be consulted. I would recommend going to a facility/institiution that is known for diagnosing and treating this, example johns hopkins or mayo clinic-you get the picture. Its possible you might not need surgery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Mar 28, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.