U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old member asked:

I no longer feel pain or sadness, what is wrong with me?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Aaron Ament
59 years experience
PROPER QUESTION!: I suspect something has happened that yoour mind is blocking from consciousness. Sometimes there is a thing too difficult for the mind to handle and it gets walled off. But that doesn't mean solved. I really think you should have this evaluated and treated because a part of you seems to be missing. It may well be something where psychiatric help is what you need now.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
Numbing: What I hear in this can be thought of as emotional numbing. Find a reputable psychotherapist to discuss what this means to you, as well as the transition from being able to feel to when the numbing began.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 36-year-old member asked:
What to do about my sadness?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A male asked:
I found my self evrytime in sadness in deepthinking?
2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
A 49-year-old member asked:
Can there be a name for liking a certain type of sadness and where does it come from?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 16, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.