I drink about two cups of coffee a day. i get really painful muscle cramping all over my body with movement and activity and it gets better with rest and sitting still. im well hydrated and electrolytes are normal. can 2 cups of coffee cause this?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Sue Ferranti answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

You drink the 2 cups of coffee one after the other? Do the muscle cramps happen close to the time you drink the coffee? It is difficult to know based on the info provided if the coffee is the etiology of the muscle cramps or not. Perhaps you should stop drinking the coffee for a few days and see if the cramps go away. If the crampons do go away, then it is more likely the coffee is the cause.

Answered 8/31/2023

0 views

Dont think so. Coffee does not enough caffeine to give those symptoms normally. However some people can be highly sensitive. Best is to stop the coffee and see. If it still happens then have your doc look for another cause Hope you do well

Answered 8/31/2023

0 views