MO

Ive been doing a very low carb diet for a long time now i eat protein and fats and all my blood tests and electrolytes have been good. i get severe muscle cramps all over my body everytime i do physical activity. can very low carb diet cause this?

Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
It is rather unusual for this diet to cause this. It is a good idea to have a diet balanced in proteins, carbohydrates and fats for the body needs and uses them all. So I suggest you do that and take a multivite. If symptoms persist you would need re=evaluation for cause. Hope you feel better
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 29, 2022