A member asked:

My daughter a weird smell coming out her ear the doctors said it was an ear infection and prescribed antibiotics ( doxycycline) she has been finished the course for two days and the smell is still there. is that normal or should we go back to the doc?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

If the original problem was otitis externa, that is inflammation of the ear canal, I think the appropriate treatment would have been ear drops containing an antibiotic, an antifungal agent and a corticosteroid ( like cortisporin otic). I don't think oral antibiotics would clear otitis externa. I think a reexamination by her physician or an ENT is needed for accurate diagnosis & proper treatment

Answered 8/7/2023

0 views

Thank

Related Questions

Sponsored Content
HealthTap Medical Group does not endorse products or services. Sponsored content revenues support our mission to make health information free and accessible to all.Learn more