Kind of freaking out. i have a mild concussion according to my doc. but i didnt realize i wasnt supposed to take ibuprofen. ive been taking it for headaches every other day for a week. am i going to have a brain bleed??

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Sasmit Roy answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

Ibuprofen or other class of NSAIDs, although increase risk of bleeding, but that happens when taken on a chronic/extended basis. You have taken only fro 3-4 days which is not considered harmful enough. And the commonest organs involved are esophagus, stomach or gastrointestinal tract. Tylenol would be your safe bet for pain. I wish you speedy recovery.

Answered Feb 25, 2023

0 views

Dr. Bennett Machanic answered

Specializes in Neurology

Ibuprofen does not cause "brain bleeds" and merely might affect clotting if bleeding were present or emerged while taking it. Not clear what you mean by a "mild concussion". Best to discuss all of this with the physician involved in your care. No clear reason to expect bleeding subsequent to the vast majority of closed head injuries.

Answered Feb 26, 2023

0 views