A 29-year-old male asked:

There is a growth in my groin region - its been there since years, but has been slowly growing. i always thought its a sebaceous cyst and still think the same. what can be for about it?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 48 years experience
You find a doctor that is willing to remove it surgically. Some general practice docs may have the equipment, but dermatologists are one specialty that removes these on a regular basis. If they evaluate it and decide you need someone else to do it they will know who is available to do the work.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 6, 2023


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.