Tuscaloosa, AL
A 56-year-old female asked:

I have around 5 sebaceous cysts in the groin area. i have had them for around 12 years and they are very painful when inflamed. should i see a dermatologist or gynaecologist? i am very embarrassed either way.

1 doctor answer9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
Sebaceous cysts are: unpleasant. Please start w/your family doc. He/she will refer you to the proper doctor. When the cysts and their sacks are removed you will feel better. These are fairly common so please try to get beyond understandable but not helpful embarrassment. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.