Hi there, my pinky toe bends inwards and under my 4th toe, this sometimes cause me a lot of pain, is this normal? thanks

10 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Alex Garcia answered

Specializes in Podiatric surgery

No : The 5th toe should never be under the 4th toe. There may be a natural curve to the toe but it should not go over or under the 4th toe. See your podiatrist for treatment options.

Answered 1/15/2021

5.2k views

Dr. Daryoush Zafar answered

Specializes in

Pinky toe: This is not normal. You need to have a podiatrist examine your foot. It can be very easily corrected.

Answered 2/5/2021

5.2k views

Dr. Jeffrey Ross answered

Specializes in

Underlapping 5th toe: Unfortunatelky this is not normal, although many perople inherit this condition from parents/grandparents. It is called an underlapping 5th toe. It occurs due to rotation of the toe from your gait. When your foot hits the ground and causes the toe to contract, it begins to underap the 4th digit. Sometimes you can tape the toe, or use a toe sleeve to stop the irritation or callus formation.

Answered 12/1/2017

5.2k views

Dr. James Eitner answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

No: It is not normal, especially if it is causing pain. You will need to see an orthopedist or podiatrist, who specializes in feet for an evaluation and options.

Answered 8/15/2017

5.2k views

Dr. David Hettinger answered

Specializes in Podiatry

It's not normal...: But it is very common. See a podiatrist for evaluation and treatment options. Depending on the severity of the problem and degree of symptoms, it can be easily corrected.

Answered 4/2/2016

5.2k views